Diameter: 5mm (3/16')
Thickness: 2mm (1/12')
Pull Forces: 575gr (magnet to magnet) **
Coating: Nickel Plated (Ni-Cu-Ni)
Neodymium Magnet is the strongest type of permanent magnet commercially available. They have replaced other types of magnet in the many applications in modern products that require strong permanent magnets.
The references N35 and N52 are a measurement for the quality of the magnet material. The higher the grade (the number following the 'N'), the stronger the magnet. These will explain two things:
- How much "magnetic energy" per volume is contained in this magnet material
- Up to what temperature the magnet can be used
Magnets that begin with an "N" should be used up to 80°C (176°F).
The highest grade of neodymium magnet currently available is N52.
If you take any two magnets of different sizes and magnetisation from our range, the difference in their strength is more due to the differences in their volume than the differences in their magnetisation. That's why the larger magnet is mostly the stronger magnet, even when its magnetisation classification is somewhat smaller.
** Pull Forces: Expected pull forces based on extensive product testing. The Surface Field data is only valid for points along the center axis of the magnet, and assumes a single magnet in free space.
If you are planning to use them with wargames and miniatures we will recommend you as follows:
- Neodymium Magnet - 3x0.5mm, for exchanging weapons, heads, arms, etc ...
- Neodymium Magnet - 3x1mm, for exchanging weapons, heads, arms, etc ...
- Neodymium Magnet - 3x2mm, for plastic miniatures bases.
- Neodymium Magnet - 5x2mm, for metal miniatures bases.
|Item weight:||0,05 kg|